Does my car support OBD-II standard?
To learn whether your car supports OBD-II standard, see following conditions:
1. OBD-II standard is supported by the vehicles:
U.S. since 1996
European since 2003 (diesel since 2004)
Japanize since 2005
Unfortunately, other cars are not complied with the OBD-II standard. But, you may see some hints that may help to identify your car.
2. DLC connector (Diagnostic Link Connector) - 16 pin-out DLC of a trapezoidal shape. ! Some cars have DLC connector, but they do not support OBD-II standard. DLC connector may be located in one of the 8 places and can be open or closed by some cover with a sign "OBD-II", "Diagnose" etc.
3. Technical documentation to your car. OBD-II compliance may be mentioned at the technical documentation of your vehicle (but not in the general direction to the car brand / model!).
4. You can also search all the identification plates on the car - there may be signs "OBD-II compliant" or "OBD-II certified".
5. Another way is to ask at the service center or at some online automobile community.